The Milestones Ministry Frame
The Milestones Ministry Frame establishes an understanding of the essential work of the church, strategic practices to be engaged by the church, and a description of the outcome of the work of the church. It has emerged over years of research on faith formation, including biblical , theological, and congregational study and actual work with congregations across the United States and in Canada, Australia, Norway, and Sweden. The Frame includes five principles, four faith practices , and three characteristics of Christians.
Five Principles of faith formation (read more)
- Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationships – often in our own homes.
- The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and ministry of the home.
- Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church, too!
- Faith is caught more than it is taught.
- If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults who practice the faith with them.
Four Key Faith Practices (read more)
- Caring Conversations
- Rituals and Traditions
Three Characteristics of Christians (read more)